Your pet's home away from home.
Located in Waukesha, Family Pet Boarding offers pet boarding for cats and dogs so you can enjoy peace of mind while you're away.
Canine boarders enjoy the following amenities:
- Immaculately Clean Cages and Runs
- Family Visits and Tours of the Facility
- A 30-minute Play Session
- A Clean, Safe & Comfy Atmosphere
- Fresh Bedding & Daily Housekeeping
- Spacious Kennels
- Individualized Care
- Convenient Hours
- Dog Treats
- Lots of Love & Kisses
Boarding Requirements for Dogs
- Your dog must wear a collar and arrive on a leash, which will be returned after checked in.
- For your pet's comfort, please bring your pet's food for its stay with us. (High-quality pet food is available upon request for an additional charge.)
- Dogs must be up to date on annual exam; current on Bordetella (Kennel Cough), Rabies, and Distempter vaccines; and have a negative stool sample check in the 12 months prior to their boarding stay.
- We also reccomend our canine boarders are up-to-date on their Canine Influenza vaccine, monthly flea and tick control (we will check for fleas upon check-in), and Lepto vaccines.
- All dogs must be free from internal and external parasites
- We insist on current vaccinations according to our kennel guidelines above. If necessary, we will arrange for booster inoculations.
- We do not accept female dogs in heat.
What should I bring for my dog’s stay?
- Enough food for their whole stay in a sealed container with an appropriate scoop. Containers cannot be larger than 13 inches wide x 13 inches high x 17 inches deep.
- If your dog can have a blanket, bring theirs! It helps most dogs to have something from home that smells like them and their owners.
- We DO allow stuffed toys. Anything can come along as long as you are comfortable with your dog unattended with those items. If your dog is a chewer we ask you do not bring anything to keep your pet safe!
- Your dog’s favorite treats!
Where will my dog sleep?
Your pet will sleep in an appropriate-sized run. We never crate dogs! They will be given a Kuranda bed to sleep on as well as a blanket (if they can have one). We will put any items you bring for your pet (toys, blankets, bones, etc..) in their run as well. If you bring treats, we will give them one right away upon their arrival!
How often will my dog go outside?
Your dog will be taken outside at least three times a day. For younger or older dogs, we take special care to make sure they have extra times throughout the day to relieve themselves. All boarding dogs receive at least one playtime a day with a staff member. If your dog is boarding plus, they will receive at least two playtimes during the week with our daycare dogs. When the weather is nice, all boarders typically spend a lot of time outdoors!
What Makes Us Different?
• Your dog is never put into a crate!
• We allow our clients to bring in their own bedding, bones and toys!
• Your dog will receive one-on-one attention from our caring staff.
• We are open 7 days a week with flexible pick-up and drop-off times. (Drop-off's need to be here 30 minutes before closing to ensure a proper check in process)
• We have a certified veterinary technician on staff.
• We can accommodate unique dietary needs for your dog (including refrigerated food)
We look forward to your dog's vacation, call us at (262) 547-8072 to reserve a spot!